Saturday, September 01, 2007

Squirrels!

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things on earth; for you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:2

Back in my college days I memorized the book of Colossians. It seems like the rest of my life I will spend trying to recapture those memorized verses! I just about have the first two chapters under my belt again, and I'm working on getting the third down.

On one of my Celestial walks this week, I was repeating the above verse when Celeste suddenly stopped in her tracks, her eyes fixed on the treetops.

Squirrels!

If Celeste has one passion in life, it is chasing squirrels. While we stroll the grounds of the Multiplication Center, she is constantly focusing on squirrels - listening for their sounds, watching for any unusual movement, sniffing and scanning the treetops.

Celeste is a perfect example of setting her eyes on the things above. My hope is that I might emulate her passion - not for squirrels, but for even more important things above!

No comments: