Thursday, December 08, 2005

NosePods Will Never Catch On!

In the photo below you might barely be able to tell I have a small tube taped to my face which goes down my nose into my esophagus. It's attached to something that looks a bit like a Walkman. One of our fellow missionaries asked if it was a Nose Pod. It didn't play music, and the tube down the throat would never catch on in popularity, let me assure you!

Yesterday was a day that I will unfortunately probably never forget. My esophagus has rarely caused me so much grief. Woody had told me before traveling that probably I’d have no reflux problems while the tube was in, since I seem to always be better for tests or doctor appointments. Well, that prediction didn’t come true. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the testing. When they pulled the tube yesterday afternoon, I went directly to the pharmacy, bought a bottle of Mylanta, and before even stepping out of the pharmacy, told a fellow customer, "Cheers!" and proceded to gulp several swallows straight from the bottle! Though there was some immediate relief, I am sure it will be challenging to get the inflammation under control, since it was bad even before the test.

I was able to rest fairly well last night, and am so thankful for that!

No comments: