Wednesday, November 26, 2008

His Plenipotentiaries

What a mouthful! Plenipotentiares. That's what I read this morning in a reading from A. J. Gordon.

"Behold, I give unto you power... over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

Jesus says to us, "I have the authority. I have won it for you. I give it to you. Use it in My Name! You shall act in My place, even as I acted in your place." We go, authorized as His plenipotentiaries. But, even as we go, our every step is contested. Therefore we must meet Satan's persistence with our own clear insistence. Our taking must be "as deep as [our] lives; it must be as intense as the opposition." (And then, maybe a bit more!)

"And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief." (Matt. 13:58)

No comments: