Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Against Your Puling Will

No, I did not misspell that. It is PULING. What does that mean? I had to look it up, and, I hate to say, I love what it means: whining, whimpering.

I'm good at whining and whimpering. I wish I WEREN'T, but I AM.

But, I came across yet more "bathroom gossip" that blew me away. (Excuse that phrase!) I'm reading a book of sermons by AJ Gossip. What a name! What a preacher!

What all can I tell you? There is so much to say!

First off, did you know that MichelAngelo's incredible creation painting of the two fingers touching includes a "shrinking, cowering figure, covering its head and in a passion of weeping."

WHY?!?

"For if the story of mankind has been a glorious epic, through what toil and suffering and agony it has won its slow, desperate, upward way. That is what followed the touch of God's finger. And if He touches you??..."

In other words, part of creation is man working through difficulty. That is part of glorifying God. Oh, that I may do that today!



No comments: